Dr. Tejas Upasani
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT
- Master of Surgery (Ortho)
- Diplomate of National Board (Orthopedic Surgery)
- Fellow College of Physicians & Surgeons (Ortho)
- Diploma in Orthopedics
- Bachelor in Medicine & Surgery
- One year of rural medical officer’s job at primary health center Tokawde, district Thane, Maharashtra state.
- Three years residency in King Edward Memorial Hospital & Seth G. S. Medical College, registered under Dr M. L. Saraf.
Field of Achievements
- Expert in Orthopaedic, Robotic Joint-Replacement, and Computer-Assisted Joint-Replacement Surgeon with 17 years of experience. Successfully completed 5000 plus surgeries, 2000 plus knee replacements, and 200 plus robotic knee replacement
- Received silver medal in the Dr. Homi Bhabha Young Scientist Search. Secured distinction in Bio-chemistry in First M.B.B.S. Examination.
- Secured distinction in Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynecology and Preventive and Social Medicine in 3rd M.B.B.S.
Awarded “Dr. Jitendra Kumar Kar Gold Medal” for the academic year 1197-98 for standing first in Grant Medical College in subject of Surgery.
- Received “The Dr. Sir Moropant Joshi and Lady Yeshodabai M. Joshi Scholarship” for the year 1997 for securing the highest number of marks in Grant Medical College.
- Awarded Pfizer Medical Award for 1998 for standing 1st in final year of Bachelor of Medicine & Surgery Received the “Late K.T. Dholakia Best Paper Award” in the below forty year group at the ‘Advances and Techniques in Joint Replacement Surgery’ the Winter Meeting of the Ranawat Orthopedic Research Foundation, held in Jan 2005.
- Fellowship in Trauma and Joint replacement at Katharenin Hospital Stuttgart, Germany under Prof Holz, where received training in AO (Arbeitsgemeinschaft fur osteosynthesfragen or Association for study of Internal Fixation)principles for fracture management, in knee ,hip and shoulder replacement surgery and also in knee and shoulder arthroscopy. Also was trained in computer assisted surgery.
- Fellowship at H.S.S (Hospital of Special Surgery (The hospital performing the maximum number of joints in the US, as well as the world) in New York with Dr Chittranjan Ranawat and Dr Amar Ranawat. He is the recepient of the "Late K.T.Dholakia Best Paper Award" in the below forty year group at the Orthopaedic Research Foundation, held in January 2005.
- Also had an opportunity to work with Prof Trepte at Karl-Olga Hospital, Stuttgart, Germany , specializing in Endoprosthetic replacement, primary as well as revision surgery.
- Worked with Dr. C. J. Thakker, who is one of the pioneers in Computer Assisted Joint Replacement Surgery in India and also a pelvi –acetabular surgeon, for a period of two years.
- Also worked at Singapore General Hospital, with Dr. Yeo, who is one of the pioneers of Computer Assisted Knee Replacement in Asia –Pacific region.
- Managing Director of USSH.
- "First Surgeon to do Robotic-assisted TKR in Mumbai." to "The first Surgeon to do Robotic-assisted Total Knee Replacement in Mumbai."